lunes, 12 de octubre de 2015

35. MY FAVOURITE SONG AND WHY I LIKE IT. By M.S (Bachillerato 2)


In my 17 years of living, I can't calculate the amount of different songs which I have listened to. I am sure there have been hundreds, even thousands (well, maybe that's an exaggeration). Nowadays you can download illimited songs from the Internet and send them all to your iPod or Smartphone. I have known lots of songs, of different styles. I have forgotten some of them, but I still remember others.
For that reason, it is difficult to choose just one song as my favourite, but I have come up with one. This song is “Hotel California”, released by The Eagles. I discovered this song as my father told me about it once.
Sincerely, I don't usually listen to “old” music, in spite of knowing several ones (always due to my father). However, I liked this song since the first time I heard it. I think the melody is very catchy, and the best part is a guitar solo at the end of the song, something that I always love since it looks really hard for me to play a guitar so quickly and well.
Apart from its melody, it has really entertaining lyrics. The song is supposed to be sung by a man that, driving across a deserted place, finds a lonely hotel. At first, he is seduced by a misterious woman, but when he finds out that the hotel residents are kind of crazy, he wants to escape. Nevertheless, a man tells him: “You can check out any time you want, but you can never leave”. I believe lyrics are original and interesting, as if the song were a horror story.
To sum up, this song is included in my “Favourites” list in my smartphone, since it is a really wonderful song and I think people should listen to it, although it is not the sort of music played today at the discos. It is mythical!

                            By M.S.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario