martes, 13 de octubre de 2015

37. MY FAVOURITE SONG AND WHY I LIKE IT, by L.B (Bachillerato 2)


In spite of loving lots of songs, as I´m intereted in several types of music, I am really keen on sentimental lyrics. Those are the songs that stir up feelings and make me think about life.

If I had to choose a song, I´d  choose “En el muelle de San Blas”, which was written by “Maná” in 1997. This song, belongs to a little musical subgenre of lovers waiting for someone that doesn´t come back.

Rebeca Méndez, was the woman who inspired this theme. She died in 2012 and her ashes were thrown by her family to the sea, from the quay of San Blas.

There are different versions of why this woman was walking along the beach dressed in a wedding dress when she met up with Maná. One of them tells that she fell in love with a fisherman who put out to sea and never came back as he might have been a victim of a hurricane.

As Rebeca suffered from mental disorders, she never assumed this tragedy, and she was called “ the crazy woman of San Blas” since she spent her life on the beach waiting for her beloved.

I strongly believe anyone who listens to this song will be touched by the feelings it transmits. That´s why I love it.

                                            By L.B

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario