sábado, 19 de noviembre de 2016

142. MY FAVOURITE FREE TIME ACTIVITY , by G.P.C (E.S.O 3)


SONG: Cyndy Lauper - Time After Time


I love drawing. I don’t usually have time to draw, but when I can find some free time – I don’t care if it is an hour or just ten minutes –,  I draw.  

Sometimes, when I’m bored or I don’t know what to do, I just take my pencil and I start doing lines in a paper, just doodles, and little by little a shape is formed and I discover something to draw, the beginning of a drawing to create, a new idea.

When I have this start, it’s easy for me to continue drawing and create a new and original drawing.

However, sometimes it’s not so easy. Sometimes, I start to doodle and nothing happens; I can’t see nor imagine any clear figure to transform my doodle into a drawing. Sometimes, when I really want to draw, I have no ideas to create.

Yes, it’s true. Although it seems an illogical situation, when I want to draw I haven’t got any ideas in my mind, and when I don’t want to or I’m just bored I have millions of them: I have more ideas when I need them the less. That’s very frustrating!

Other times I just look on the Internet or in some books for drawings that I like and I copy them as I don’t want to become frustrated or even to drive me crazy because I don’t have any ideas to draw.

Finally, there are some times when I know exactly what I want to draw and I have the sketch inside my mind, so I just need to “ let it go” without being a lot of time thinking about what I’m going to do.

About my artistic style I can only say that I prefer drawing by pencil, shading instead of colouring, as I think that if I colour my drawings they will be worse than if they were in black and white.

But this doesn’t mean that I never colour my drawings; I do it, and when I paint them I prefer using coloured pencils since I don’t know how to use water colours, oil painting, charcoal and many other materials which I would like to use to colour my drawings well, as I’ve never attended art classes – apart from the ones which we have at the high school.

I would like to attend art classes to learn the different techniques and to know more about the artistic styles to be able to do better and more professional drawings, not the pencil sketches that I make !

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario