viernes, 27 de noviembre de 2015

76. VISIT TO BELERIAND , by A.S ( Bachillerato 2).


SONG: Prince - Purple Rain

Last summer I had a sprained ankle so I couldn’t travel much. However, I rekindled my love for reading and discovered a magical kingdom among the pages of a book.

The kingdom was “Beleriand”. You may not have  heard about it because it is an old country from the time when elves ruled the world.

Well, Beleriand is a huge land north-west of the Middle Earth. Its west coast is soaked by a cold impressive sea, and its east boundary is delimited by a mountain range which goes from north to south. Between these disparate landscapes, you can find a vast number of places, such as the “Doriath” forest, in whose deep heart I met king Thingol at his court. This dark green forest is a perfect place if you are looking for calm and natural beauty.

I also visited “Gondolin”, a secret city surrounded by silver-peak mountains on the top of a hill. Simply amazing.

To know more, I suggest reading the Silmarillion.

                                                             By A.S




2 comentarios:

  1. jajajajajaja... what a nice time in Beleriand... I hope to have the chance of enjoying Finwe, Fingolfin, Feanor and family next summer.
    Best wishes my cousin :)

    ResponderEliminar