jueves, 11 de junio de 2015

25. IS IT BETTER TO TRAVEL ALONE OR ACCOMPANIED BY OTHER PEOPLE ? (One composition - BACHILLERATO 1)


First of all, I have never travelled alone. So I am going to talk from my experience, since every time I have travelled I was accompanied by my parents. If I had travelled on my own any time of my life, I would maybe have a completely different opinion.

Travelling alone might have some advantages. You are able to do whatever you want, wherever you want and whenever you want. You don’t depend on any other person to make your arrangements. For example, if you have planned to visit a determined landmark one day, and you feel tired to complete what you had planned, you just don’t need to give any kind of explanations to anybody. In addition, you can also learn to appreciate solitude and it is a good way to build your mind and form you as an adult.

However, I think I would never be able to travel alone, as my character is not the adequate to do that. I would feel helpless, bored and I would miss company. I believe that you can enjoy a journey much more if you travel with people, since you accumulate good memories that later you can remember or talk about with your relatives or friends. Moreover, travelling alone has an important disadvantage: perhaps you are going abroad and you don’t know the other culture as well as yours, therefore you may be cheated or even something worse, especially if you are a woman. It is much easier to hurt someone alone than to hurt two or more people.

To sum up, I am not against travelling alone, as I know people who have done it and they talk about it as a really enriching experience which makes you more independent and mature. Nevertheless, I think there isn’t anything better than sharing laughter, experiences, knowledge or even a hotel room with the people you love.

By M.S.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario