miércoles, 14 de enero de 2015

10. WHY I LIKE CHRISTMAS. (Seven compositions - BACHILLERATO 1).


Christmas is one  of the most important and praised festivities of the year.

On the one hand, it is a convenient situation in order to see all your family as we all have dinner together. 

I have two cousins who live in Tarragona and in spite of not coming last Christmas, I would like to see them this year. In addition to that, my oldest cousin has just had a baby so she will be the center of attention this year.

When I was a child , I used to love Christmas due to the presents. However, when I found out who the Three Wise Men were, I lost illusion and interest. I strongly believe that the most precious fact about Christmas is spending time with your relatives and appreciate the atmosphere of love and affection.



                                                     By L.B



I like Christmas. It's one of my favourite times of the year, as for me thinking about Christmas, means thinking of a cosy sofa, a blanket and a romantic film. Another reason why I like Christmas is that I love cold weather as I like going out in the rain without a hat and getting soaked. I think that people like Christmas because they see all their family, it snows and they sit around the chimney. Well, I might be strange, because I celebrate Christmas with my mum, I have no chimney and it doesn't snow here, and taking this into account, I still love Christmas.

I also love how streets are decorated, I love going to Santander wearing a thick coat and a scarf, and looking everywhere how it has been decorated, so cute, so romantic. It is a time of the year in which I would love to have a boyfriend, as it feels so romantic. And I may be very stupid, but I love all those small details, such as walking with the boy that captures your heart near the beach, with all the Christmas lights around us, and cuddling on a sofa watching a film, or just the night of Christmas eve, having a romantic dinner. It may sound very corny, but it is one of my goals in life.

                                                                                                By Anonymous






During my childhood, I have always loved Christmas time and it was not just because of the fact of receiving wonderful presents. There were lots of aspects that I liked. However, as I grew up, I have realised that it is not a so happy period for everybody. It can be a torture for people who are alone in life to spend Christmas without their family or friends.

Apart from that, I still love Christmas. The first special event is to set the Christmas tree the first week of December. At home, we do it all together, and I enjoy hanging those glowing Christmas balls and decorating the whole house every year. The next things that arrive home are Christmas sweets, and later, when the holidays start, you can see all the town illuminated by colourful lights. Besides, Christmas is a special time when my family gathers and we sing Christmas carols and have delicious meals.

All in all, I still enjoy Christmas nowadays, although I know there are people that suffer loneliness. I think that we should concentrate more on the human factor, enjoy being with our relatives, without focusing on the amount of presents we get.


                                                                                                                                                                                         By M.S






Christmas is one of my favourite festivities since I don’t have to go to the high school, I can go out with my friends and I can also relax.

On the one hand, Christmas is, in my opinion, a celebration in which we realise that we are one year older and life passes by very fast. However, being older has some nice aspects, as you have less limitations and more liberty.

On the other hand, it’s one of the festivities that my family celebrates. All of us meet at my grandparents' house in Muriedas. There, I can see my cousin, who is studying photography in Madrid; my uncle and aunt, who live in Guadalajara; and my aunt, who has recently moved to Finland, where she is going to live with my uncle. He isn't there since he hasn’t found a job yet, so he is still working in Barcelona. I hope he finds a job soon, since I don’t like seeing him so far from his daughter, my little cousin Sofía.

Another positive fact about Christmas Day is that Santa Claus comes that night and he brings us presents. Now, I don’t feel as when I was a little boy, when I tried to get up the first to open my presents alone and, then, wake up my family showing them my gifts. But I can’t say that seeing the presents under the tree doesn’t make me feel happy. Inside me, I’m still a child.

To sum up, Christmas is one of my favourite festivities for two main reasons: I can spend some days with my family and the feeling of opening Santa Claus’ presents is wonderful.                                     
                                                                    By J. B                                                                                   




I have loved Christmas since I was a child. I think that it is a great holiday which is full of happiness and hope, even for adults.

When I was a child, my family and I used to be together on Christmas day and it was awesome as we all live in different provinces and it was the only period of the year when we were all together. Nowadays, it is not the same because some members of the family live very far away, but the rest of us are together. On Christmas Eve and New Year I am only with my parents and my older sister as we don’t have family here in Cantabria.

One of the reasons why I love Christmas is going shopping. I like going with my mum and looking for presents for my cousins. I really like when they open them and they are full of happiness while they play with their new toys. I don’t have little brothers nor sisters, so in some way I don’t feel the emotion that I had when I was younger. However, I always buy presents for my parents and my sister and they do the same, so I am a bit nervous the previous day to see what they have bought me.

Christmas is my favorite period of the year for many reasons, and I don’t think that it has any negative aspects.

                                                                                                      By S.E.V.








When I was younger, I used to love Christmas. But now I've grown up, I have realised what Christmas is in fact.

Christmas started as a religious festivity, because that's what it is. We are all celebrating Jesus' birth, or at least we were, since now it is becoming a commercial festivity.

On the one hand, Christmas is a pretext to spend time with our family, what I really enjoy. But on the other hand, it seems to me that we don't need a pretext to have dinner with our whole family.

I believe my hate to Christmas started because of those who say that the entire world becomes a better place at Christmas. The saddest aspect is that when Christmas is over, people are all the same as they were before it had started. Why should anybody change in a specific festivity ? I feel that a person ought to try to be better all year long.

However, what I dislike the most is the unnecessary waste of money, as the Christmas lights that light up many cities in the world. What I mean is that it's beautiful, of course it is, but it's also something we don't need. Not as much as millions of people need food. So, in this sense, we are a bit mean.

Furthermore, during this festivity we are all stressed and worried about what to buy to our family and friends and we don't realise that all they need is us and our love.

So, in my opinion, we should try to demonstrate our loved ones that we are there for them all year long, and not just on a special day or festivity.


                                                  By  A. D








Christmas is supposed to be a family holiday when children are happy and enthusiastic about it. You can see that children live on their own world while believing in magic.

For me, it is an important holiday. I honestly don't believe in magic, but this does not mean I cannot have a Christmas spirit or look forward to it every year. I love listening to Christmas carols and buying gifts to my close family. I really enjoy laying on the sofa drinking a hot chocolate and watching a Christmas film with my mother.

Every Christmas, I wake my brother up early in the morning to open together our gifts. Therefore, I absolutely love spending time with my family and Christmas is the time to be with my family all together. And although not all of them will be here, I think we should celebrate for what we have and remember what we have lost. Christmas is definitely my favourite time of the year, as the streets become happier with a lot of people walking and shopping and the lights shining.

                                                                                  By P.R.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario